lt is used for removal of gallstone within the bile duct or the foreign body in the upper or lower digestive tract.
[How to use]
The method of using the NRC type stone retrieval basket is the same as that of the WL type stone retrieval basket.
1. Determine the location of the stone by radiography;
2. Put into the stone-removing basket through the endoscopic biopsy hole;
3. When the net basket reaches the stone, continue to push it so that the head of the net basket goes over the stone;
4. Push the push and pull handle to open the net basket; slowly pull back the net basket under X-ray monitoring;
5. When the maximum diameter of the net basket overlaps with the stone, pull back the push-pull handle to tighten the net basket and then take out the stone. Once the stone is trapped, there is resistance to the retraction of the handle, and the net basket is seen in an oval shape around the stone on the X-ray. If the stones are difficult to retrieve, you must repeatedly enter and retreat into the basket and take them patiently;
6. After confirming that the stones are removed, slowly pull the basket back to the end of the endoscope, and then slowly exit with the endoscope.
7. If the stones are too big to be taken out, crush the stones first and then use the stone-removing basket to take the stones.
Table 1 Model specifications and dimensions of NRC-type stone fetching basket
|Sheath diameter（mm）± 0. 3
Table 2 Basic dimensions of WL type stone fetching basket unit: mm
|Working length L
|Smallest net basket
|Mesh basket wire
|800, 1200, 1600、1800、
2000、2200, 2400, 2600
Efficient Stone Removal Made Easy with Disposable Stone Baskets
Stone removal procedures in urology require precision, minimization of risks, and optimal outcomes. Among the array of medical devices available, disposable stone baskets have emerged as a game-changer in managing kidney stones and streamlining stone removal procedures. Their unique features and benefits make them an indispensable tool in urology interventions.
Ease of Use and Precise Maneuverability:
Disposable stone baskets offer ease of use and precise maneuverability during stone removal procedures. These specialized medical devices are designed with flexible and slender wires that can navigate the narrow ureter or other urinary tract structures with ease. With their ergonomic design and fine control, urologists can confidently capture, extract, and safely remove kidney stones of varying sizes, ensuring minimal trauma to the patient.
Reduced Risk of Complications:
The use of disposable stone baskets helps reduce the risk of complications associated with stone removal procedures. By providing a secure grip on the stone, these baskets minimize the chance of stone fragmentation or migration. Their gentle yet effective grasp ensures maximum stone extraction while minimizing the risk of injury or damage to the surrounding tissues.
Efficient and Sterile Design:
Disposable stone baskets offer the advantage of being entirely disposable, ensuring sterility and convenience in urology interventions. Their design allows for single-use, eliminating the need for cleaning and sterilization, saving time and resources for medical professionals. This feature improves efficiency in stone removal procedures and reduces the risk of cross-contamination.
Disposable stone baskets are versatile tools that can be used in various urological procedures. From kidney stone removal to intraoperative ureteroscopy, these baskets offer flexibility and adaptability in managing different types and locations of stones within the urinary tract. Their versatility makes them a valuable asset in the urologist's toolkit.
In conclusion, disposable stone baskets have revolutionized stone removal procedures in urology by offering ease of use, reduced complications, and convenient disposability. These specialized medical devices provide precise maneuverability, reduce risks, and contribute to successful stone removal interventions. As a versatile tool that ensures sterility, disposable stone baskets have become an essential component in managing kidney stones and optimizing patient outcomes. With their efficient design and ability to navigate challenging urinary tract structures, these baskets play a crucial role in enhancing stone removal procedures in urology.