The Monkeypox Virus Antigen Test Kit (Colloidal Gold) is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detected antigen of Monkeypox Virus in human nasopharyngeal (NP) Swabs, oropharyngeal Swabs or lesion exudate samples.
• Rapid testing for Monkeypox antigen within 15 minutes
• Facilitates patient treatment decisions quickly
• Simple, time-saving procedure
• All necessary reagents provided & no equipment needed
• High sensitivity and specificity
Monkeypox is a rare disease that is caused by infection with monkeypox virus. The first human case of monkeypox was recorded in 1970 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) during a period of intensified effort to eliminate smallpox. Since then, monkeypox has been reported in people in several other central and western African countries. In humans, the symptoms of monkeypox are similar to but milder than the symptoms of smallpox. Monkeypox begins with fever, headache, muscle aches, and exhaustion. The main difference between symptoms of smallpox and monkeypox is that monkeypox causes lymph nodes to swell (lymphadenopathy) while smallpox does not. The incubation period (time from infection to symptoms) for monkeypox is usually 7−14 days but can range from 5−21 days.
Within 1 to 3 days (sometimes longer) after the appearance of fever, the patient develops a rash, often beginning on the face then spreading to other parts of the body. The illness typically lasts for 2−4 weeks. In Africa, monkeypox has been shown to cause death in as many as 1 in 10 persons who contract the disease.
How to use
3.Antigen Extraction Tube With Extraction Reagent
1. Monkeypox Ag Rapid test Cassette(Swab)can be performed using either human throat or vesicle lance scab focus swab.
2. Testing should be performed immediately after specimen collection, Do not leave the specimens at room temperature for prolonged periods
3.For throat swabbing
Deeply insert the sterilized swab into the throat and swab several times to collect the epidermal cells of the mucus. Caution has to be paid to avoid the swab to be contaminated with saliva.
4.For vesicle/acne scabfocusswabbina
Use the swab provided with the product to smear the lesion vigorously(with a sterile scalpel to open the pustule if necessary) to ensure that a sufficient viral sample is collected
INTERPRETATION OF ASSAY RESULT